Sunday, January 20, 2013

Minister Laurence Knight and Family Touch Down And Whip Devil At The Mount Carmel Baptist - A True Example of a Pastor




"We sometimes think that we are in charge of our destiny, but it is GOD that is LARGE and IN CHARGE!" Those were but a few of the POWER WORDS delivered by Minister Laurence Knight as he addressed The Mount Carmel Baptist Church congregation today.

Before he took the microphone from Bishop Dr. Kelvin Jones who introduced him, his daughter Laurencia Knight read the passage of scripture that he was about to share on.

That was John 3:1-10 - The story of Nicodemus. The Mount Carmel Bulletin already made the church aware that Minister Knight was about to share on the topic - "A Desire to Know God."

I loved the full representation of his family. As Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com, President, I make no bones about this statement, Minister Laurence Knight has ALL the attributes of a TRUE PASTOR. (listed below this article). I still have some catching up to do as an ordained minister too.

His wife, Sister Icilma Knight pre-creded her huband with the rendition of a lovely song with a strong message then humbly took her seat by her children as they sat and supported husband and daddy. (CLICK TO PLAY SONG BELOW) 





The Knight Family - St. Kitts

Look at that lovely FAMILY  PICTURE  ABOVE  cheering on the Minister of the Gospel. WOW! If you read this message and see Brother Knight, don't tell him I said so, but while taking the photo, I said to myself, "Lord, please provide for me a wife like Sister Icilma. One that would give me nice children like the Knights, one that would help me train them up in the nuture and admonition of the Lord, one that would come with me at nearly every place I have to preach around the world and ensure the children are there to cheer on their daddy."

Shhhhhh. . . .Laurencia is too young for me, so I have to keep on praying and waiting. (Don't tell Brother Knight I said that either, or he'll come pounding down my door shouting BROTHER  KHRYSTUS - BROTHER  KHRYSTUS."

Now back to the article. "Salvation is PERSONAL!" postulated Minister Knight. "We MUST each make that decision for ourselves. Sometimes we have to separate ourselves from the crowd. Come out from among them. That's what Nicodemus did. He had a desire to know more about Jesus."

I have to really train some more of the youths that come to every event with me because I was busy taking notes, taking pictures and still recording and trying to eat ALL the food that Brother Laurie was sharing all at once. HE  WASN'T  AN  EMPTY  PREACHER. We all know there are dozens LOOSE on our pulpits today. Brother Laurie was SHARING  REAL,  SOLID  FOOD and scriptures to backup everything he was saying.

"Do what you have to do to meet Jesus! Zacheaus ran ahead. He was determined to meet this Jesus. When he met him, Jesus told him, TODAY, SALVATION HAS COME TO YOUR HOUSE."

Minister Knight wasn't just preaching to unbelievers, he does what great Ministers of the Gospel do, he spoke to everyone. "Christians, don't let anybody prevent you from getting closer to God. This 2013, you MUST develop a desire to know more about Jesus and tell the world."

Friend, let me stop here. My pink note paper is still filled with about 90% of notes and food that I can't share on in one article, but I'll share some of Minister Knight's preaching clips below. What I did like about his style though, was that he wasn't just a HOT  AND  EMPTY  PREACHER. He took time out to be cool, share and discuss the scriptures in depth as they showed up on the screen. At times I felt like I was at Wednesday Night Bible Study. Then at other times, I felt I was at a Billy Graham Evangelistic Crusade as he evangelized and delivered POWERFULLY.

Dr. Knight. . . .excuse me, excuse me, Minister Knight (If I had the power to bestow on him his Doctorate after such indept study and delivery, I definately would). One day The Dare 2 Be Different Academy - www.daretobedifferentacademy.com would be able to do that - ONE  DAY  SOON.

But Dr. Knight (UNOFFICIAL) was serious most times during his delivery of the word, but used a bit of humour throughout his sermon to keep his audience alive. I was taught that as a SPEAKER, but I believe Minister Knight was taught that by the HOLY  SPIRIT.

Friend, Minister Laurence Knight was the Young Baptist Fellowship President who first singled me out and gave me an opportunity to Exort while the youths were keeping Youth Night Service on Sunday. 17th February, 2002 (Yes I still have my notes in my archives. I just went back to my TV-RADIO-STUDY STUDIO and looked up the date) I spoke for about 5 minutes on the Subject: If You Have A Ticket To Tarshish - Throw It Away. Jonah 1:1-3. (I remember Minister Knights words to me after that night just like yesterday. He said to me with his little GRINNING  SMILE, as he bowed his head and shook my hand. He said, Good Job - Brother Khrystus - Good Job. With a bit more study and prayer, you'll reach very far. I documented those words. Be very careful what you say to me or about me, I am a freelance journalist and my archives are filled with comments, good and bad echoed over my life. I save them for a reason. One day, I'll publish a book with them and thank the people who cheers me on, encouraged me and stayed in my corner and I'll. . . .  . . . . . . . .

It was after that exhortation, God started pouring in dozens of preaching opportunities around St. Kitts - Nevis and the world from age 15. It was all because Minister Laurence Knight gave me a chance - a first chance to preach, then used me alot at the Monthly Young Baptist Open Airs he ensured he had as President. Those were the good old days. They good old days of sure discipline, no compromise and production of Model Youths.

Having delivered such a POWER  WORD, even before handing back the Microphone to Dr. Jones to do the invitation, people walked to the altar. Saved, Unsaved and Back-sliden. I was one too that stepped to the altar and gave God thanks for the word. I didn't stay too long though, because as a co-minister of the Gospel, we always have a duty to share with those at the altar and that is just what I did and can personally report to the world that folks did come for Salvation and Re-Dedication. While doing my altar duties, I looked up on the stage to see what Brother Laurie was doing. Interestingly enough, he was on his knees PRAYING and GIVING  GOD  THANKS  FOR  USING  HIM, not like many of us PAMPOUS  AND  HIGH-HEADED  PREACHERS  who just wait to see who all shake our hands and say the word was GREAT. Brother Laurie was on his knees.

Truly, Minister Laurence Knight and Family Touched Down And Whipped The Devil At The Mount Carmel Baptist 20th January, 2013 Morning Worship Service.

As I drew closer to him to shake his hand, I saw that a few ugly grey hairs were easing out their heads from his face and I said to myself, "Wow - youth certainly doesn't stay with us all our life." I then wondered what can I do for Minister Knight as a way of saying thanks for being the Gentleman to give me a chance to preach - so many chances to preach and not being one time at all JEALOUS. The humble man who launched me into ministry."

God told me there and then to honour Minister Knight as one of our Dare 2 Be Different 5th Anniversary Awardees and launch an Online Ministry that would reach the world just like mine - www.thevictorycentre.com  with his own Internet TV Station so he remains preaching 24-7 / 365 days. He said that I must teach his children how to use Social Media just like our team and grow his ministry international for now was the time.

It was shortly after he was ordained, we had a meeting about doing much with his EVANGELISM  FOR  ALL  MINISTRIES (EFAM), but it didn't take much root and Brother Laurie got very occupied with Family and WORK.

We can never comprehend how God moves though. Probably, that wasn't the time because I wasn't so advanced, wise and fast with technology then, as I am now. So, NOW  IS  THE  TIME and very soon, the world will be able to watch Minister Knight Preaching, His Wife Icilma Knight singing, his children reading the Bible or sharing Bible Stories 24-7 / 365 days a year from the convenience of their HOME - imagine that. All because it was Minister Knight that launched The Dare 2 Be Different Global President into ministry on Sunday, 17th February, 2002.

Be very careful how you treat people now and what you say about them now. Always give folks a chance, never be jealous of them, push them, encourage them, pray for them, because those very same people can be the very ones to impact your life for the better in the future.

At this Dare 2 Be Different 5th Anniversary Year, I say to the world publicly, that the Knights have been much source of encouragement to me over all the years of my life and ministry. They have never been ones to hear bad things about me and not call or meet me quickly and encourage me or offer a word of advice and encouragement.

A call, an email, a short talk on the road from mommy and daddy Knight and a hug from the children now and again has kept me going in the face of adversity. They are among the people that I can count on ONE  HAND that CONSTANTLY keep me encouraged and going. They are RARE. They are UNIQUE. They are God's Chosen indeed.

If you are ever looking for a Pastor, Evangelist, Teacher, or someone to preach for you while you take some rest, Call Minister Knight. It's about time that Sister Icilma release her own CD or DVD or Music Video, so if you are looking for a fresh gospel artiste, contact The Knights.

If you are ever looking for a Ministry to Sow into and to bless monthly, I highly recommend EVANGELISM  FOR  ALL  MINISTRIES, c/o Minister Laurence and First Lady Icilma Knight, Birdrock, St. Kitts - 869-664-7198.


 



Minister Knight Meets ALL The Characteristics of a PASTOR and MINISTER OF THE GOSPEL
1. A Pastor must be devoted to his wife; one-woman man (Titus 1:6; 1 Tim 3:2).
2. A Pastor’s children must be in submission, though not perfect (Titus 1:6; 1 Tim 3:4-5).
3. A Pastor is a faithful Steward (Titus 1:7)
4. A Pastor must be humble - not arrogant (Titus 1:7)
5. A Pastor must be gentle - not quick-tempered (Titus 1:7; 1 Tim 3:3)
6. A Pastor must be sober - not a drunkard (Titus 1:7; 1 Tim 3:3)
7. A Pastor must be peaceful - not violent (Titus 1:7; 1 Tim 3:3)
8. A Pastor must have financial integrity - not greedy for gain (Titus 1:7; 1 Tim 3:3; 1 Peter 5:3)
9. A pastor must be hospitable (Titus 1:8; 1 Tim 3:2)
10. A Pastor must be a lover of good (Titus 1:8)
11. A Pastor must be self-controlled (Titus 1:8; 1 Tim 3:2)
12. A Pastor must be upright (Titus 1:8)
13. A Pastor must be holy (Titus 1:8)
14. A Pastor must be able to teach (Titus 1:9; 1 Tim 3:2)
15. A Pastor must be spiritually Mature (1 Tim 3:6)
16. A Pastor must be respectable (1 Tim 3:7)
17. A Pastor must be an example to the flock (1 Peter 5:3)


Sincerely,

Khrystus Wallace, President and Founder
Dare 2 Be Different International

Ordained Servant and Ministry Consultant at The Mount Carmel Baptist Church - St. Kitts

No comments:

Post a Comment