Sunday, December 15, 2013

And So Here's What I Did in Prison

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who valiantly strives; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while DARING GREATLY, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither victory or defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt



Friend, I believe that much GOOD can come out of every bad situation. You can try to slow me down, but you can't stop me!

My Historical Political Incarceration by the ruling St. Kitts - Nevis Labour Party Administration from Monday, 27th May, 2013 to Friday, 29th November, 2013 will be highlighted in my 1st Autobiography as the best six (6) months of my life.

You see friend, the Bible reminds us that whatsoever state we are in, therewith to be content. Therefore, since I didn't have the power to walk out of the "HELL HOLE" - Her Majesty's Prison - St. Kitts, I had no other choice but to adjust my mind to the fact that I was locked away from my regular lifestyle.

I won't tell you any lie, the first few days in this harsh reality can literally send you CRAZY as the enemy and the ruling Labour Party Administration in St. Kitts - Nevis wanted to do.

But, as the song writer says, (I hope I quote correctly), "You can take away my house, you can take away my car, but you can never take my faith in the Lord. You can take away my land, whatever I may have, but you cannot take my joy."

As a minister of the gospel, I am reminded repeatedly to look for the poor and when I do that unto the least of such people, I do it unto the Lord, so that's just what I did. I am most grateful to Prison Superintendent Franklyn Dorset and Senior Prison Officer Harris for asking me to assist the institution with regards to ministry. EVERYBODY knows that's what I love to do first and foremost. The Bible does say, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and ALL - YES ALL other things shall be added unto you." Even the Prime Ministership of St. Kitts - Nevis (Watch and See!)

Therefore, during my illegal and politically motivated incarceration, I spent six (6) months keeping morning devotions and CHURCH for both the Remands and Convicts. I shared from God's word daily, I sang and got the inmates to sing along to many of the great hymns of the faith. I constantly injected Hope Messages into their down, depressed spirits and reminded them that they too are Sons of Abraham.

The sermonettes that I preached at the remand's and convict's devotions was different each morning. That meant I preached some 360 different sermons. I can remember a senior inmate telling me, "Young man, you're amazing!" It was Mr. Bertil Fox. "Every single day you come with a NEW TOPIC and you do not repeat yourself." LOL. He's a baker and so I started getting some extra BREAD. LOLOLOLOLOL. It was FUN! Trust me. I take everything in life and make it FUN!"

I could have seen from the onset that they were happy for this difference at HMP. They were happy for a new Radical Type Devotion and Church Service. You know I'm crazy about Jesus. So just how I get radical preaching at a church, it didn't change me one bit in Prison. In or out of Prison - Jesus Still Lives!

Inmates referred to me as PASTOR or YOU  CAN and man, did they take care of THE PASTOR. I miss them and when I see them on the street, I look for them. I call them my blood brothers. (Me nar sell out me fren dem. I'll rally for them and they'll rally for me ANYTIME. Be very careful with us!)

It was the first time something like that ever happened in the history of the Prison that was built back in 1840 to accommodate some 50 in mates but now houses over 300 individuals with no talks by the ruling Labour Party Administration to present any better soon for your brothers, sons and fathers. (I believe they forgot that they can also go there too - very soon - probably.)

I didn't ask, but many of the inmates started giving me offerings. You don't handle money physically in prison, but if your family and friends on the outside remember to deposit money on your property, then you'll have money to use at the Prison Shop and Bar. (It's not sooooo bad you know). Mr. Dorset is really trying considering the situation - He is trying!)    (A special thanks to those who remembered to do that for me - A  BIG  THANK  YOU!_

Therefore, some inmates with monies, on the weekend when the Bar opens, bought me Chicken and Chips, Fish, Garlic Bread, Drinks etc etc etc. I honestly didn't feel badly at all. I felt happy. Apart from the fact that I love to eat, I also remember that The Apostle Paul wrote in one of his books that NOTHING  IS TO  BE  REFUSED  once received with thanksgiving. LOLOLOLOL.

Those that didn't have money, sometimes would hand me their CHICKEN from Lunch or an extra bread from breakfast. I would ask, don't you want it? I'm Ok. They would say - It's for you PASTOR - It's For you. After I heard those words - REFUSE? I never refused at all! So, for everyone who has seen me recently and keep telling me how FAT I am, now you understand. LOLOLOLOLOL.

Some girls are telling me that they like to see me thick bodied and others want me to lose the weight. What should I do really? I'll just be me and when God provides that NEW SPECIAL SOMEONE, I'll do what ever she wants me to do. Stay thick, turn some of the body fat into muscle, or just slim down. So if you're admiring me, start preparing to tell me how you want me. LOLOLOLOL.

All in all, Life is what you make it! Prison was FUN and I am happy that Mr. Franklyn Dorset has extended the invitation to my Dare 2 Be Different International Team to conduct church, motivational workshops, training sessions and more in the future. Thank You Sir!

My Godly connections in the USA, allowed me to treat the entire prison with goodies that were never before seen behind bars. Thanks to my foreign friends receiving this email now. The Inmates at Her Majesty's Prison appreciated your love and contributions. We'll talk more on how we can make it ongoing as we establish The Dare 2 Be Different Global Prison Initiative.

Independence 30 was the bomb! I'm usually asked by The Ministry of Education in St. Kitts to address a school and since I'm accustomed, I decided to still flow as if I were not incarcerated. The morning of 19th September, 2013 would forever be remembered in the minds of all remands, convicts and officers of the institution. Mr. Harris with his loud bold voice gathered together the institution, shouting, "YA'LL  COME. EVERYBODY  COME -  OFFICERS TOO. LET  US  HEAR  WHAT  THE  PASTOR  HAS  FOR US  THIS  INDEPENDENCE  30" Honestly, my head rose, I felt humbled and special.

I took the time out to plan and execute a 30th Anniversary State Service in the prison and get the participation of several inmates with items. It was AWESOME. I wish ZIZ was there to capture that historic moment, but as you know,  very few people bother with INMATES - they treat us like we'd never leave and like we are UNDERDOGS. (That would never happen under a Blazing Star Movement Administration -Shortly)

It was amazing. We did have an Independence Treat too! It was all properly planned! Properly and Perfectly Planned. I took my time to prepare the day well! I gave the Feature address on the Independence 30 theme and then I discarded the speech in my cell after. (On 2nd thought, I shouldn't have done that, it could have been placed in The Khrystus Wallace Museum in the Future. Ohhhh Well!)

That was a historic day indeed. During my spare time, I taught some inmates how to play the guitar or keyboard, provided counselling sessions for many of them. I taught many gospel songs to them and helped inmates write to their family and girl friends and even lawyers that do not bother with their clients behind bars. I am honestly thinking of studying law too, it's when you get into a situation and see the struggles of others, then you see the opportunity that exists. Should I? Or Should I not? Would I make a good lawyer? What do you think?

Trust me, I do hold some very deep secrets that many of them wanted to get off their chest for years. I'm their Big Brother and "me nar sell out me fren dem."

I honestly think that the entire Prison Population, including the officers are now STRONG Blazing Star Movement Supporters. You call that INFLUENCE. It is well needed to win or impact any ELECTION.

I am actually thinking of moving the motion to have Mr. Franklyn Dorset be Chairman of my Party, I don't think Lawyer Nassibou Butler would mind at all. He's a big shot advisor and strategizer in BSM. By now you would have calculated that - RIGHT?

You know, currently, much of the rehabilitation that happens behind the walls of Her Majesty's Prison in St. Kitts is simply because brothers show love to brothers and stay encouraging each other. I say this with no water in my mouth, the brothers in Prison in St. Kitts know their Bibles much more than many of the Christian's and Pastors I've been around for 27 years. They know their Bible WELL!

It's God's word that you need to depend on solely in order to stay in your RIGHT mind behind bars and come out better. I've seen people go mental during my six months there. I've seen people come in for debt and have to be rushed to the hospital from the stress and then come back to the same concrete walled HELL. YOU  DO  NOT  WANT  TO  GO  TO  ST. KITTS  PRISON  or  any  PRISON  AT  ALL. For me, I've learned the system perfectly well and the folks there are my brothers. With God on my side, I can face any storm, but YOU do not want to face the storm of HELL - The St. Kitts Hitler Concentration Overcrowded Camp that the current Governing administration is doing nothing about.

Trust me, I've seen and I know alot. I could have chosen to make this report one of the nastiest and deadliest reports about the Prison, but I chose not too. Mr. Dorset is my good friend and "me nar sell out me fren dem - me fren dem. LOL)

All in all. I bless God for allowing me the time in Prison to help OTHERS. After all, that's what our Father God wants us to do. The song writer couldn't have put it any better, "Others, Lord yes others, let this my motive be. Help me to live for others, that I might live for thee."

The inmates and officers want me to wait for five years before I rally the full strength of the Blazing Star Movement because many of them, as radical, fearless men would be on the streets giving me the aggressive strength that we need to form The Blazing Star Administration or then again, I could simply use them in The Dare 2 Be Different Global Prison Ministry Initiative as we travel the world inspiring other inmates and encouraging other youths to stay out of trouble and not go behind bars.

I am very grateful that I met them after I got arrested for Sedition and not before, because if I had them before, then the current, ruling, failing Labour Administration may have had a strong case. You see how God works in mysterious ways and his timing is always RIGHT?

There is much talent at Her Majesty's Prison - St. Kitts. Alot - Alot of Talent and I look forward to helping them reach their fullest potential.

As I promised the inmates, when I re-open my afternoon classes shortly, those that have children on the outside will be able to attend for FREE and get extra help. I'd personally do that and ensure they get introduced to learning about the computer and staying up to date. So if you are a mother who has a child for an inmate, save my numbers - 869-661-0118 / 869-765-7270 and contact me in the earlies to ensure your child/children under 18 are apart of my first batch of students.

I'll be their temporary DADDY until their REAL daddy leaves prison, especially because the visiting age is 18.

You can try to slow me down, but you can never stop me! Thanks for not being a critic, but for constantly praying!

I love you!

PS: (Please do not show Mrs. Jonace Hall-Herbert or Mrs. Dorothy Warner, my favorite English and Literature teachers from the Best School in the Eastern Caribbean - The Verchild's High School, this article, because they may probably bend me over and spank me for going back and forth and not flowing in proper sequence as I wrote. Let me give this note to all readers, when ever you see a NEW and DIFFERENT approach, NEVER  CALL  IT   CRAZY. When you do, it does indeed question your intellectual level. Strategy & Creativity is what is needed to stand out and shine and I personally enjoy using BOTH!)


Rev. Dr. Khrystus V. K. Wallace
Dare 2 Be Different International & The Blazing Star Movement
President & Founder



No comments:

Post a Comment