Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Trinity Community's Yvette Wallace, M.Ed Was Featured Speaker at Sandy Point's Light House Baptist Church Women's Rally Today

16th September, 2014

By: Dare 2 Be Different International Media Department Staff Reporter - www.daretobedifferentskn.com


Mrs. Yvette V. Wallace, M.Ed

Dozens of different groups from around The Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis gathered to participate in many different events and activities today, a public holiday in the twin island federation known as National Heroes Day.

Sandy Point's Light House Baptist Church decided to rally the women from its home and sister churches to host a MEGA  WOMEN'S  RETREAT.

Our Dare 2 Be Different International Media House - www.daretobedifferenskn.com  who covered the story, recognized that the atmosphere at one of the largest churches in The Sandy Point - St. Kitts, area was overly alive, warm and friendly and certainly, EVERYONE, both visitor and regular attendee felt at home.

As our media house monitored the environment, we can positively state that there was NO  ROOM for boredom at the event. St. Kitts' fine spiritual ladies were blessed by a number of presentations and by participating in activities.

The LUNCH was overly awesome and the smile on everyone's face proved that the food was well prepared.

Sandy Point's Light House Baptist Church invited Trinity Community's Yvette Viola Wallace, M.Ed, who is also a member of The Good News Baptist Church to give  the two feature addresses, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

Sister Yvette Wallace spoke on the topics: 1. WOMEN - YOU   ARE  STILL  UNDER  CONSTRUCTION  and 2. OUR  DIVINE  DESIGN.

Our media house asked Mrs. Wallace for access to the two speeches that she wrote and we are sharing one here and today and the other the future.

Be Blessed as you read Mrs. Yvette Wallace's speech titled:  WOMEN - YOU  ARE  STILL  UNDER  CONSTRUCTION


Thanks for placing your faith in me – and I humbly crave your prayers as I strive to grapple with the topic in focus – “Women under construction.”

When I was issued with this challenge, I thought long and hard about how I could add to God’s handiwork or divine design. I want to confess at the outset that I surely would fail. The scriptures declare emphatically, openly and conclusively –

1. WE  ARE   HIS  HANDIWORK
2. WE  ARE  COMPLETE  IN  HIM
3.  I   KNOW  WHATSOVER  GOD  DOETH, it shall be forever – nothing shall be taken away and nothing shall be added to it. I will not tread on sacred grounds.

So, forgive me if I fail to do any makeover of God’s handiwork. All I shall aim to do is a to complement the excellent work referred to in Psalms 139 verse 14 – You are fearfully and wonderfully made.

I propose that as women of God’s building scheme, the following words of this poem would be appropriate. Listen in!

When you think, or speak or read or write. 
When you sing, or walk or seek for delight, 
To be kept from all wrong at home or aboard,
 Live always under the eyes of the Lord.

Whatever you think, never think that you feel,
You would blush in the presence of God to reveal, 
Whatever you speak in a whisper or dear, 
Say nothing you would not like Jesus to hear.
Whatever you read, though the page may allure. 

Read nothing unless you are perfectly sure.
Consternation would not be seen in your look, 
If God should say suddenly, “Give me that book”
What you write, though in haste or in head, 
Write nothing you would not like Jesus to read.

What ever you sing, in the midst of your glee, 
Sing nothing that listening ears would displease.
Where ever you go, never go where you’d fear, 
God’s questions being asked, “What doest thou there?”
Turn away from pleasure you’ll think of pursuing, 
If God should look down and ask, “What are you doing?”

I have spent the time to read the entire poem because I feel it should help all of us in growth. So let me encourage us to grow in GRACE. 

LET  US  GROW  IN  GRACE. 2 Peter 3 vs 13.

There’s nothing more graceful than a graceful omen. And so, I’ll invite you with me on a useful journey. We shall not stray at all from Ephesians 2 vs 10.
“For we are his workmanship, created in CHRIST.

Let’s begin by observation.
It was the same Peter who said in I Peter 1:13, “Gird up the loins of your mind!” Paul supported Peter in stating – Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.
Women who complement God’s building scheme have to be renewed in their minds.
Think about the age – the times in which we live – are God’s women thinking RENEWED? 

That’s a question I hope we can explore in further discussion. Another question about this mind renewed MUST – I emphasize MUST focus on an avoidance of evil speaking! I Peter 2 vs 1. “Wherefore, laying aside all MALICE – a mind thing, ALL  GUILE – a mind thing, and ALL  HYPOCRRISY – a mind thing, ENVYING – a mind thing,  AND EVIL SPEAKING – a mind thing. ALL  MIND  THINGS!

Peter was right on the money. I submit to us, we cannot complement God’s handiwork handily if we fail on ALL  COUNTS – or even some.

Do women in the church chat too much? Tell me – we can also explore this further.
Is Paul or was Paul correct in Philippians 4:8 when he stated and instructed CHRISTIANS everywhere to

1. THINK ON THINGS WHICH ARE HONEST
2. THINK ON THINGS WHICH ARE PURE
3. THINK ON THINGS WHICH ARE JUST
4. THINK ON THINGS WHICH ARE LOVELY
5. THINK ON THINGS WHICH ARE OF GOOD REPORT

How do we stack up? Are we close to maturity?

May I suggest a little more for the building complement?

FEELING  FOR  OTHERS – Caring for others – Reaching Out To Others!
Here’s another thought for our digestion. I –We can further explore it.
What does the BIBLE propose in this regard? It clearly states “BEAR  YE – BEAR  YE – BEAR  YE – BEAR YE one another’s burdens and SO FULFILL  THE LAW OF  CHRIST!”
The women closest to JESUS – C-A-R-E-D!
I hope I am not too hard on us. We do display more of a selfish streak than a selfless streak. I have quoted PETER much. I have quoted the words of PAUL – much. But I was not deliberate to leave our JESUS. Jesus said, If ANY MAN (WOMEN  INCLUDED), will come after me, let him or her deny himself or herself, and take up his or her CROSS and FOLLOW ME.
I am not too sure that display that self denied invitation of JESUS  HIMSELF. Let’s be more selfless. Let’s be more CHRISTLIKE – Let’s be more spirit filled. Let’s be more others oriented.

Sometimes its useful to borrow over and over if what is borrowed is likely to be of great value. And so, in pursuing the building process of SELFLESSNESS, pray with me: -
Lord, help me live from day to day
In such a self-forgetful way
That even when I kneel to pray
My prayer shall be for—Others.

Help me in all the work I do
To ever be sincere and true
And know that all I’d do for You
Must needs be done for—Others.
Let Self be crucified and slain

And buried deep: and all in vain
May efforts be to rise again,
Unless to live for—Others.
And when my work on earth is done,

And my new work in Heav’n’s begun,
May I forget the crown I’ve won,
While thinking still of—Others.

Others, Lord, yes others,
Let this my motto be,
Help me to live for others,
That I may live like Thee.

Let us bear ye one another’s burdens and so fulfill the law of Christ.
I began today buy disclaiming I am not a master builder!

Paul refers to CHRIST HIMSELF as the ONLY MASTER BUILDER.

So, in my feeble effort today, I wish to end with complementary suggestions to refine the building of the earth house. This effort will be finally refined by Paul’s genius in Ephesians 6.
So, forgive me to agree with Paul in Verse 10. BE  STRONG – IN  THE LORD! What a beautiful way to complement this earth house – our Christian Life. This is too sadly an age where Christian women BUCKLE.

Buckling should never be a first resort. It should never a last resort either. Verse 10 begins BE STRONG – BE STRONG – Can we?
Philippians 4:13 – CAN WE?
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who STRENGTHENETH ME. Paul’s discourse continues. Verse 11
Put on the WHOLE  ARMOUR: Dress up well – get ready for battle!
I believe the Christian women need to be properly dressed. Can we explore the dress forms of women in the church today?

a. Low cleavage
b. high splits
c. short tight skirts, skinny, thin apparel – excessive bangles. This does not look like armour.

STAND  FAST  AGAINST  THE  WILES  OF  THE  DEVIL.
Paul suggests STAND – women should STAND for SOMETHING. Let’s discuss it!
Paul does know how to complete the protection of the earth house.
HEADWORKS – That’s included!

PUT  ON  THE  HELMET  OF  SALVATION!
If there is a real devil who shoots, if he finds you wearing a breastplate to protect the heart – he is not going to give up. The devil knows more Bible than any of us. He knows we must keep our hearts with all diligence for out of it are the issues of life. So the devil seldom gives up. Loins protected, feet protected, breast protected – now he will aim at the HEAD.

PUT  ON THE  HELMET  OF  SALVATION! Now HEAD  PROTECTED. The devil is coming still. Your weapon, my weapon must be the WORD OF GOD. We must familiarize ourselves with God’s Word!

I didn’t make you any early promises to BUILD. I fail as an architect. The ONLY MASTER BUILDER is GOD! All I was doing today is to protect the SUPER  STRUCTURE of HEBREWS – PSALMS and GENESIS.

We have our parts to play. Let’s WORK! Let’ do what we can by God’s Grace!
For God has completed his work in us – and whatsoever he does, nothing can be added and nothing can be taken away but we MUST live our lives committed to him and our growth as CHRISTIAN WOMEN is sure to be greatly increased.

May God continue to help us as women to be examples where ever we go as our lights shine and others see Jesus in Us.




No comments:

Post a Comment