Thursday, March 13, 2014

Do Awards and Degrees Really Matter? Pictures Inside!



Only the good we do in life and only what is done for God really matters! FACT!

We spend a whole lot of time fighting for status, recognition and power and it won't do us much good when we grow old and have to sit in a rocking chair, be placed in an elderly home or be buried in a casket. It's when a crop of sickness or tragedy holds you, you really understand what I'm talking about though.

Honestly, do awards and degrees really matter?

I am in no way trying to dispel the talk that one should educate themselves because I am overly educated and have my degrees. What I am trying to focus your mind on is the fact that while we fight to rise, we should never forget to DO  ALL  THE  GOOD  WE  CAN IN  EVERY  WAY  WE  CAN, AS  LONG  AS  WE  EVER  CAN.

Why? Simply because when we are alone, depressed, old etc, the only things that would bring us cheer and lift our spirits is when we can recollect on the GOOD we did throughout life. I spend a lot of time around the mature, the educated, the successful people. Many of them admire the work that I do with my ministry and say. If they were to live their life again, they would spend much more time doing good, because they don't have much memories of that and it isn't fun just remembering WORK, WORK, WORK and how they made MONEY. It isn't fun at all!

Some of them also do tell me to leave politics alone, just run my business and ministry and stay kind, nice and happy because they have been through politics and to them it wasn't worth all the effort.

Honestly, for me, I believe status, recognition and power automatically comes when one humbles himself / herself, has faith in God and just WAIT. Whether you call me Brother Khrystus, Dr. Khrystus, Pastor Khrystus or very soon, PRIME  MINISTER Khrystus, the cold truth and reality is that my father named me Khrystus Veren Khrystopherson Wallace without any big titles and that's what I really should be called.

I am in no way calling down any of the awards and degrees I have received during my 27 year life or trying to make anyone who nominated me for awards feel badly. I am really grateful for the awards that I have humbly accepted before and the awards that I will receive in the future in faith.

Note well though, never set your mind on awards and degrees. Set your mind on things ABOVE! Set your mind on GOD and everything else will automatically fall in line.

Khrystus Wallace

NB: A special thanks to the individuals and organizations that have awarded me over my 27 year life and those who also nominated me. I am grateful!

2002

The Lorna Edwards National Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals of St. Kitts and Nevis (St. Kitts Chapter) Award for Excellent Performance in Type Writing

The VHS Special Award for Extraordinary Achievement in Typewriting at CXC General Level

The Delisle Walwyn Award for Outstanding Performance in English A

The Sandra Davoren Award for Outstanding Performance in CXC Typewriting

The Sugar City Computer Learning Centre Award for Outstanding Performance in Information Technology

The Sir Probyn Innis Award for Best Performance by a Male Student

The Marilyn V. Rogers Excellence Award for Discipline, Leadership and Scholastic Achievement

The Lucia Richardson Award for Best Performance in English B

The Ken Caines Award for Best Performance in English A

The Cable & Wireless (LIME) & Chamber & Industry and Commerce Award for Best Performance at CXC Level at The Verchilds High School

The Dr. Joseph Halliday Academic Excellence Award for Best Performance at the General Proficiency Level

2007

The Department of Youth - Youth Excellence Award in the area of Entrepreneurship

The Liamuiga Youth Legacy Award for Scholarship, Leadership and Service


2008

Foundation for National Development (St. Kitts - Nevis) Limited 2008 Client of the Year presented at the 23rd Annual General Meeting on May 28th. 2008



HUMBLE  YOURSELF  AND  YOU  SHALL BE  EXALTED!  EXALT  YOURSELF  AND  YOU SHALL BE  ABASED!






















No comments:

Post a Comment