Monday, March 10, 2014

Pastor Prisca Heyligar Dropped It Hottt! "Women 'tekin' care of EVERYBODY

Sandy Point - St. Kitts
Sunday, 9th March, 2014

By: Khrystus Wallace, Dare 2 Be Different International Media Department

Periodically, some Sundays after my Dare 2 Be Different Victory Centre 8:30am Worship Service, I visit other churches to hear the word of God and re-fuel. I certainly don't know it all and although I have a degree in theology, there is a lot more that I still have to learn and a lot more experience to gain.

When I left my base at Boyds - St. Kitts, I didn't know where I would stop. I was at Old Road Wesleyan last Sunday and so I continued venturing west and God told me to stop at The Evangelistic Faith Church Pastored by Sister Prisca Heyligar.

I was early enough to see this outstanding woman of God enter the building. I was sitting at the back and she greeted me and continued on. I felt very special. The Pastor had greeted me! WOW!

Dressed in a black suit made from rich, black material, with a cream inner blouse and cream matching hat, with a cream beaded necklace, she walked confidently to the platform. I honestly forgot to look at the shoes, probably next time. According to my time piece, at the strike of 11am, she didn't wait for any worship leader, she started church!

"Jesus, Lamb of God, Holy is your Name"
"Jesus, Lamb of God, Holy is your Name"
"Taking my cross, my sin and my shame"
"Raising again, I praise your name."

"When I fall down, you pick me, when I run dry, you fill my cup"

I don't remember if she had prayed before or after this song, but afterwards, she turned over to the worship lady who took it from there.

The approximate thirty-six minute worship session was accompanied by Brother Sammy on the Keyboard, Brother Johnny on the bass guitar, Brother Rouse on the rhythm guitar and Brother Alvon on the drums.

There wasn't much, "carrying on," as we call in in the local patois. At 11:36am sharp, Pastor Prisca Heyligar was handed the microphone, she soloed and got straight into the message for the day.

She informed the church of the recent celebration of WOMEN in our nation over the previous few days and made her Sunday Morning Topic known: "WOMEN  ON  A  MISSION!"

Was I at a sexist service? She quickly cleared the air on that when she said that although the message had that topic, the word was for all. Then, interestingly enough, she got me wondering again when she started DROPPING  IT  HOTTTTTT having read St. John 12:1-8 which was the main focus chapter.

"Women "tekin" care of EVERYBODY!" Pastor Heyligar boldly exclaimed with a fierce looking, intimidating face, to us men and boys in the congregation.

Of course we MEN, already know women well. They shouted their AMENS to the top of their voices as she made that statement.

Pastor Prisca was well prepared as I can see as a very critical journalist. She took her audience back into history where women weren't really recognized. She said, "Back then, in many areas around the world, society classed women as slaves or property, but when Jesus came, he liberated women."

She continued, "It is sad to say that women are still not given the honour they deserve."

Quite passionate in her presentation, I guess because she's a lady, she took a bit of advantage, especially since she had the microphone and of course was the pastor. Pastor Prisca BOLDLY exclaimed, "God had to get the help of women in the world!"

"Over the years, women have made invaluable contributions in the home, community and society. 75% or more of the church is made up of women. Women now fill prestigious positions from the home right up to government."

I was wondering whether or not to make my exit, but I was fearful that while leaving, Pastor Prisca would shout from the microphone. "Khrystus Wallace, sit yourself down there and listen. So I remained for the full service."

Pastor Prisca highlighted five different remarkable Bible women and how their aggressive and bold action helped to stir CHANGE. If I detail each scenario, this article would be known as the never ending article, so I prefer to simply highlight a few of the passages of scriptures where we can find the stories about these women and highlight some of the POWERFUL, DROP  HOTTTT,  PHRASES from Pastor Prisca.

Luke 18: 1- 7: This lady had no name, but her perseverance during her difficult situation got the Judge to avenge her of her adversary.

Luke 15:8 - This lady lost ONE silver coin and her diligence and determination caused her to find it. She never gave up

Esther 4:16 - Esther was placed in a particular position to help bring deliverance to her people, just so many women today are placed in particular positions to make a bold IMPACT.

Pastor Prisca Heyligar dropped her POWER  WORDS hotter than HOT POTATOES on the backs of her listeners!

"When God calls us to do something. It NEVER happens easily. We have to PERSEVERE. Sometimes we have to persevere and persevere and keep on going and going an going. Keep on PRAYING!"

"It doesn't matter how BIG A ROCK IS. If we continue to POUND at it, one day it will BREAK. Keep on Going! Persevere!"

"Stop looking at others! What about YOU! We must all be diligent and persevere!"

"God has set us where we are for a PURPOSE. Any and anybody can't do what you are doing! You are in that job, institution, organization for a PURPOSE!"

"It's so sad that church people don't like to fast and pray! Only PRAYER and FASTING could turn something around!"

"Esther said, "if I perish I perish." She was willing to give her life! What are we willing to give our lives for?"

"Even when you're praying and you don't see the results you want. Persevere! Keep on going! The answer is going to come!"

"We cannot go 99% of the way! We must go all the way to fulfill our mission. Follow the woman who lost the 1 piece of silver. She wasn't satisfied with the 9, she was determined to go all the way and find the one!"

"Don't give up so easily! God expects us to be diligent! We must be diligent about our Master's business! Are we being sloppy in the church? It has to stop!"

I couldn't have taken so many notes all by myself. I did meet a NEW  SPECIAL  friend, Blisha Woodley, who came and asked, "You're the KVK MAN en tit?" she sat right next to me and helped me. Yes youths do listen in church, so please don't judge us!

The service was AWESOME! I did get a welcome package still, even though that wasn't my first time. I've been to dozens of different churches around the world and never got such a Big Welcome Package, except when I'm preaching at a church.

My package contained, an orange, an apple, grapes, a banana, a pear, a can drink and a cookie. WOW! Imagine every visitor and birthday celebrant got a similar package. "YIPPEEEE! I think I have to visit Pastor Prisca's church more often. LOL.

Pastor Prisca's BOLD  STATEMENT  should create some talk around your home, school or office this week. Do you think what she said is true or false? "Women 'tekin' care of EVERYBODY!

God Bless! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment