Thursday, April 24, 2014

BIBLE STUDY & Prayer Meeting: I Thought Dr. C.G. Walwyn - Top Cop Would Have Called Me Last Night!

Cross Section of Youth Congregation

Every Wednesday Night is Bible Study and Prayer Meeting at The Dare 2 Be Different International Victory Centre at Boyds - St. Kitts. We start at 6:30 pm.

We could have certainly felt the presence of the Holy Spirit last night among the youths. It was really different! Really different! I received my first call at around 5:45 pm, "Brother Khrystus, No Bible Study and Prayer Meeting Tonight No?" I was laying in my bedroom relaxing, and planning to open the gate to my residence, business place and church at around 6 pm, but the first batch of young people caught me off guard.

By 6:15 pm, there was the youth crowd asking, "Brother Khrystus, why we can't start singing now?" They had a point, we had more than enough to start and they got the scale tipped in their favour because they have seen me start church with ONE person already and that shocked them and taught them a lesson. Brother Khrystus waits on NO ONE to start church.

We opened with a word of prayer, I chose the first song from THEIR  SONG  BOOK, that they created by pulling the songs they liked from the internet and printing enough for all church attendees at KVK ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com

I kind of think that they have too much power at our ministry for young people. In another blog, I'll tell you more about what I mean.

From the moment we started singing the first song, they were singing to the top of their voices and my furniture became bongo drums. For a while, while I was playing the guitar, I wondered if to stop and tell them to sing a bit softer because we were in a residential area. NO  ONE knows my youths better than I do. I already taught them that if they DO  NOT  PRAISE GOD, the rocks are going to cry out and I am teaching them how to express themselves professionally and respectfully  and debate and win all the time too. Now here is where I am getting myself in trouble with their parents. Since I use big words and tell them what it means, they start using them too. Oooooops!!!!!!

Therefore, I knew that they would have thrown my teaching back into my face and WILLFULLY  START SINGING  LOUDER. So I left them and just let them SING as loudly as they could before the rocks cry out.

About half way into the song service, I Thought Dr. C.G. Walwyn - Top Cop Would Have Called Me Last Night to say that he got complaints that I was DISTURBING  THE  PEACE! Praise God that since we started having Youth Activities at my place in June 2008 - No One Has Called. 

(Just so you know. My middle name is NOISE. I like NOISE and my youths know that I  LOVE  NOISE so they follow me!)

 The YOUNG  PEOPLE  WERE ON  FIRE as they sang, as they asked questions during BIBLE  STUDY and as they prayed loudly and boldly.

At last night's prayer meeting, I didn't delegate any young person to pray for something in particular as I usually do. Each person who volunteered to pray, chose what or who they wanted to pray for. Honestly, for a moment, I opened my eyes to see if I was in the same place when I heard some of the things they were praying for, how boldly they were praying and how long like me they were praying.. I had underestimated them. HOW  SHAMED  OF  ME!

I know they listen to me and my extra long prayers alot, but I really didn't know they would remember and follow me like that. Long prayers! With Big Words! Bold Prayers! WOW!

- They prayed for the the families of the MISSING  FLIGHT  370

- They prayed for the hurting families in the recent boat sinking

- They prayed for the leaders of our country and around the world in government, in churches, etc

- They prayed for the folks in the hospitals and prisons around the world

THEY  WEREN'T  INTIMIDATED! I wonder if its because they know YOUTHS  RULE  at our church and they are NEVER  intimidated by adults. I want them to keep that CONFIDENCE!

 I was stunned! Yet Humbled and Proud that sooner than I think, (Praise the Lord), I'll have to put a succession plan in place and I'll be able to sit at the Back of The Dare 2 Be Different International Victory Centre with my wife and Khrystus Jr. (very, very, very soon) and just attend church. (WOW)

. . .I'm still SINGLE - don't get all flattered!

. . . the rest is history and we missed you and your youths at Bible Study and Prayer Meeting Last Night!

A special thanks to those individuals who donate to Our Ministry and its Kitchenette so we can always bless our children and youths after EVERY event with something to eat and also visit and treat the elderly with meals.

May God Continue To Richly Bless You and Your Family.

To Donate, mail donations of food, clothing, school supplies, toys, checks to:

Dare 2 Be Different International
c/o Brother Khrystus Wallace
Boyds Housing Development
Trinity Parish
St. Kitts
West Indies

Thanks in advance for your continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment