Sunday, July 13, 2014

Brother Khrystus, "My Mother Is A Whore!"

13th July, 2014

Report By: Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace, Senior Shepherd - Dare 2 Be Different International




Our Sunday Morning Youth Worship Service at The Dare 2 Be Different International Victory Centre - www.daretobedifferentskn.com today, was a blessing again - AS  USUAL!

Not because I call it a Youth Worship Service means that there aren't adults that attend. I believe that you are as young as you feel, even though I prefer guiding and mentoring YOUNG  MINDS  INTO  THE  RIGHT  DIRECTION as the Bible recommends. Also, I must give credit and thanks here for the ADULTS that support and keep our ministry to the youths going. We won't last without your support and contributions. It takes MONEY and GIFTS to reach and impact TODAY's  YOUTH!  THANK  YOU!

At my church, we always tend to do things differently to all other churches. I believe if we are to reach and save the next generation of young people from following a PAGAN  PATHWAY, we MUST do things DIFFERENTLY and reach down to their level and stop playing all HOLY  AND  SANCTIMONIOUS  AND  LIKE  WE  WERE  NEVER  CHILDREN  AND  TEENS  TOO.

I believe it's OUR  FAULT why many YOUTHS  CHOOSE  A  WRONG  PATH.  WE  ARE  NOT BEING  REAL  WITH  THEM  AND  MAKE  THEM  FEEL  WE  WERE  ALWAYS  WELL TRAINED  AND  PERFECT.  NOT  ME - I  STAY  REAL  AND  THEY  LOVE  THAT  AND  STAY COMING!

At all of our activities, church, Bible study, prayer meeting, youths, hikes, dinners, fund raisers etc, I give the young people a chance to talk and express themselves. I'm not the one doing all the talking all the time.

When I let them freely talk and express themselves however they no best, even the five year old has a story to share. They don't have to call me Pastor or Brother Khrystus or Apostle or Dr or Evangelist. Khrystus is fine for me and they love that.

Why? Simply because I come down to their level! Nothing they say is silly for me even though I am years ahead of most of them and sometimes think what they are making a big issue about isn't ANYTHING  to fuss about. I still hear them out. I hear them out and understand them all and since I do that, I help them to come out of their shells and boost their self esteem. They are growing to be overly confident. Sometimes they "fight" to lead and I just play the guitar or keyboard and guide them as they KEEP  CHURCH.

The other day at Youths, an 11 year old said, "Brother Khrystus, I want to be the PASTOR for today and he laughed and all the other youths and children laughed." I responded, sure, go right ahead and I sat behind and participated. Everyone was amazed that I let that happen. I said, CHURCH isn't a game. You asked, so be SERIOUS and keep church.

When he had finished conducting church at our Youth Fellowship as an 11 year old boy, tears ran down my face. He had led the song service and preached such a powerful sermon all from his head and I was overly blessed. Imagine if he was prepared.

I've said all of this to say that children and youths also have a story to share too. Instead of shutting them up when they want to talk, we should just give them an ear and LISTEN. WE  OLDER  ONES  SHOULD GIVE  YOUTHS  A  CHANCE  TO  LEAD  AND  SING  AND  PREACH  TOO and stop feeling that NOBODY  SHOULD  TOUCH  OUR  PULPITS.

After church today, during our TALK  AND  EXPRESS  YOURSELF  SESSION, I listened to the many stories that my congregation shared. Some were quite shocking and it took me back to about four years ago when I had a female teenager to counsel.

Her granny, out of desperation, turned to me for help. She had heard about my ministry she said, and how I am very good with children and youth and wanted me to help her teenage grand daughter. Granny told me that she had tried everything to get her to change and put her in contact with everyone she could to talk to her and yet she wouldn't change.

To be plain and frank, the teenage girl had started having sex or way too much sex too young. As with most families, no one ever wants CHILD  SERVICES to find out as it tends to bring much shame and embarrassment on a family and granny begged me not to get them involved.

Having learned that granny had gotten several persons to talk to her and she still wouldn't change, I decided that I had to use a different approach. Therefore, I told granny to let her start coming to my afternoon classes with other youth for FREE and bring along her homework.

She did and that was her first interaction with me. When she came, I introduced myself, asked her if she had any homework or needed help with any subject that she was weak in. I showed her around my business place, where the bathroom was and I showed her where my Dare 2 Be Different International Snackette was. I told her when ever she was hungry, she can go to the refrigerator and to cupboard and take a snack or prepare something to eat and she didn't have to ask me.

I was using a strategy of giving her POWER - something that many youths LACK and that causes them to develop low self esteem. I wanted to show her that she was somebody different. Somebody special. Somebody POWERFUL at her age.

I let that continue for several weeks. I helped her with her homework and she had the power to do what ever she wanted at my business place. I established boundaries at the beginning, so she knew what she couldn't do and what she could do. She had the power and then children younger than her started looking to her and she automatically started helping to clean up and and correct children. I had automatically made a teacher and leader out of her and she didn't even realize.

About six weeks after, Granny contacted me and asked me what I was doing with her because she was always quick to come home after school and not loitering anymore and always saying that she can't wait to go by "De MAN." Granny also said that she was now always coming home on time after class with me and doing her homework or reading a book and her behavior was DIFFERENT already. Just after six weeks.

I told her I haven't started a session with her as yet. That would come in time, just let time run its course.

About two months after, she came into my office and sat down and said, "Mr. Yain suppose to be helping me? Da ain why me granny send me by you?"

I responded, "Helping you? Don't I help you with your homework? When I teach you, you always understand and don't I always check your homework to make your all are correct before you leave?"

I knew where she was coming from, but I was just taking her elsewhere. I continued, "Plus, I must commend you for helping those who are younger than you with their work and for cleaning up after. You are helping me a great deal and it looks like you'll be manager at my business in the future. You're quite a fine young lady."

She said, "Mr. main mean like that. Let me tell you something. You know why I am so rude and out of order and disrespectful?"

I answered, "You are not rude and out of order and disrespectful. I've never seen it and you've been by me for weeks. Stop telling lies on yourself!"

She said, "Listen to me nuh. Just listen!" she continued, "It isn't that I want to be so you know. It's just that its all I see at home. MY  MOTHER  IS  A  WHORE. Granny ain't tell you that en tit? Mommy just has so many men and she makes a lot of money so I wanted to be just like her. Nobody helps me and motivates me like you. I didn't even know that someone does look after children in St. Kitts like you. I didn't even know that there is such a fun place to go and still learn a lot."

"You don't shout after us. You don't get angry. We have the power to do what ever we want. You don't seem like YOU FOR  REAL  YOU KNOW MR. Nothing does ever bother you. Here is just like a perfect place and you TRUST  US. All your business things out for us to take up and you in you office and you ain't fraid we tief them. When we finish our work, we get to go on the computers or watch TV and even eat and you STINGY and you ain't telling us don't done you things. You just different."

Of course the teenage girl did tell me other things too. Plenty of other things and probably even about YOU!

About some 8 months after we developed a relationship, she sent me a text message one night which read. "Brother Khrystus, TODAY makes 8 months that I haven't had sex. I am so proud of myself. When the older men trouble me for sex, I tell them that I hang around Khrystus Wallace and some of them want to pay me a lot a lot of money to stay quiet and don't tell you anything. They are afraid of you. I don't know why."

She ended, "I  AM  DIFFERENT  NOW!  I  AM  SPECIAL.  I  AM  FEARFULLY  AND WONDERFULLY  MADE and its all because of you."

Since then, she has showed me her school report and told me of good grades that she has gotten. She emails me for homework help. She has honestly chosen a DIFFERENT  PART. She is but ONE of the youths that our ministry continues to impact around the world. OTHER  STORIES - WE  DARE  NOT  SHARE!  MANY  ARE  HONESTLY  HURTING - EXAMINE  YOUR  CHILD'S  LIFE  CLOSELY. LISTEN  MORE  AND  TALK  LESS. That's all they truly want.

In closing this piece global friend, many of your children and the children who hang around you, pay special attention to the life that you live, because believe it or not, many of them are constantly looking for male or female ROLE  MODEL.

The life that you live will be responsible for WHAT  SOME  YOUTH  CHOOSES  TO  DO  WITH THEIRS  IN  THE  FUTURE.

Note well! CHILDREN  AND  YOUTH  TALK! THEY  ALWAYS  TALK! Sooner or later! NOTHING IS  EVER  A  SECRET  WITH  THEM.  THEY  TALK   AND  TALK  ALOT!

Parents, when you hear children talking about what your BOYFRIEND  OR  HUSBAND  WHO  YOU TRUST  IS DOING TO  THEM - don't bash them.  INVESTIGATE  IT!  It is SOMETIMES   THE TRUTH!

I did a whole lot of counseling while I was wrongfully incarcerated at Her Majesty's Prison in St. Kitts for 6 months for POLITICAL  REASONS.

It was there, while listening to a YOUNG  MAN'S  STORY, I found out that many LITTLE  BOYS  are being raped by OLDER  WOMEN  TOO.

The gentleman told me, "Preacher! You know why I in jail? My mother used to send me up the road to stay with a SISTER who does go her church from age 11 or 12 and that HOLY  SISTER introduced me TO SEX for years."

"After that, I just stop study everything and my mind was just on SEX - SEX - SEX. Back then, it didn't mek no sense to tell MOMMY nothing, because NOBODY  WOULD  HAVE  BELIEVED  A  SISTER  IN  THE  CHURCH  DOING  ME  THAT and they woulda say I lying. From that age, I just starta do what I want and I've been to jail more than once. I just don't care about LIFE - NOBODY  IS  FOR  REAL. The gentleman could be my FATHER. So you see how long things like this happening? Do you see why some of our YOUNG  MEN  END  UP  IN  JAIL?  Not because they wanted to, BUT  BECAUSE  THE  SYSTEM  MAKES  BOYS  AND  MEN  FEEL  THAT  IT  ISN'T  MACHO  TO  TALK  OUT  AND  MAKE  A  COMPLAINT.  IT  IS  ANTIMAN  TO  DO  THAT. How foolhardy!"

LISTEN  TO  CHILDREN  AND  YOUTH - THEY  HAVE  STORIES  TOO!








No comments:

Post a Comment