Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Thought Provoking Bible Study Question Tonight: "Brother Khrystus, If You Find Money, Is That a Miracle?"

16th July, 2014

By: Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace, Senior Shepherd, Dare 2 Be Different International Victory Centre



Tonight at our Dare 2 Be Different International Victory Centre - www.daretobedifferentskn.com Bible Study and Prayer Meeting, I taught our following about Jesus' first miracle of turning water into wine in Cana of Galilee.

In closing the study before going into our prayer meeting, I told them that once we TRUST  IN  GOD and accept Him as personal Lord and Savior of our lives, have faith, stay positive, do right and do good, that we too would be able to do even greater things.

As proof of that, I used John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I then opened the the floor for questions. Let me tell you something global following. The world seems to be growing a generation of THINKING  YOUNG  PEOPLE. Not because they are silent, they are thinking.

A chap around nine or ten years old stuck his hand up into the air and asked, "Brother Khrystus, If You Find Money, Is That a Miracle?"

This is our first week into our I  KNOW  WHO  I  AM  SUMMER  CAMP  2014. A Spanish child from Basseterre attending my camp, around 9 or 10 years, waited for me alone and came by my ear and silently asked. Mr - Is GOD FOR REAL? - That is another article all by itself though as he has a whole other thinking I guess from his upbringing and to hear me keeping devotions and constantly talking about GOD and how he wants the best for them and to hear us pray before lunch each day is STRANGE. He probably wanted to ask someone this long ago because I know he probably hears a lot about God in school, but never really got so close to an ADULT whom he trusted and I met him for the first this week. (But that may be a future article. THE  POINT - YOUNG  PEOPLE  HAVE  BURNING  QUESTIONS)

Let's get back to the article.

I've gotten the IF  YOU  FIND  MONEY  question many times in my life before from young people, BUT  NOW  ADDING  THE MIRACLE  PART  WITH  IT forced me to be VERY - VERY - VERY  CAREFUL  with my words.

As I usually teach, I always encourage the youth to do what is right when they find money and report it to their parents or some older person in authority or tell the POLICE. I told them just that and I said, I don't think finding MONEY  IS  A  MIRACLE.

The problem with trying to TRAIN  YOUTH  MINDS  ONE  WAY, is that ADULTS  ARE SOMETIMES  AROUND  OR  WHEN  THE  RETURN  HOME,  their parents/guardians teach otherwise.

An adult in church tonight interjected and said, "What if things tight and I've been praying and praying and praying to GOD for a breakthrough and for some money and I FIND SOME  MONEY sometime after, isn't that a miracle and answer to my prayers?"

The youth all looked back and watched the individual for a while and then they turned around to watch me. GOSH! They wanted to see WHAT  BROTHER  KHRYSTUS  WAS  GOING  TO  SAY  TO  THAT ONE. I honestly wished the person never asked that, but I was happy they asked it too, so the youth could get my answer.

I said, "You know, God does work in mysterious ways, but his ways are always PERFECT and HIS MIRACLES are always CLEAN - FREE - CLEAR every time."

Youth don't want answers like that though! They only like taking YES or NO, so I know I had to give a YES or NO answer. Therefore I had to explicitly state there that - FINDING  MONEY  ISN'T  A MIRACLE!

I countered the question and asked the adult, "Suppose you just got your week's pay of $200 and lost it. Wouldn't you like the person who found it to return it to you or probably report it to the POLICE so they can try to find out who it belongs to so you can it back?"

They responded, "Get real Mr. Wallace! You and I know that POLICE  DOES  TIEF  THE  MONEY. When people carry money into the station to say they found it, that's the end of that story. They don't make it public and try to see who the money really belong to. The police who takes it probably pockets it or if it reaches to his / her senior, they just take the money and carry their family out for dinner. That is what is going on in St. Kitts and Nevis in the force."

The youths watched me again. I really didn't want to continue with the back and forth and confuse the youths anymore. I said, "This is becoming quite a healthy discussion and we don't want to lose focus on our WONDERFUL  MIRACLE  DISCUSSION  we had tonight. I would still emphasize that we do the right thing and REPORT  LOST  MONIES  AS  ONE  NEVER  KNOWS  IF  A  CHARGE  CAN  BE  LAID  AGAINST  THEM  IF  THEY ARE  CAUGHT  WITH  IT, but we can plan for a future discussion or debate and invite some folks from the police, government, the church, the ghetto and others for them to air their views." I  ENDED  THAT  THERE  AND  DIDN'T  ENTERTAIN  ANY  MORE  QUESTIONS  BEFORE  OUR  PRAYER  MEETING.

That would definitely be an interesting discussion in the future. Let me ask you what the lad asked me. How would you have answered his question?

"Brother Khrystus, If You Find Money, Is That a Miracle?"












No comments:

Post a Comment