Tuesday, July 8, 2014

KVK ENTERPRISES Celebrates its 11th Birthday TODAY

8th July, 2014

By: Dare 2 Be Different International Media Department Staff Reporter





KVK ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com, a business started by Khrystus Veren Khrystopherson Wallace at age 13 while attending The Verchilds High School in St. Kitts - West Indies turns 11 years today 8th July, 2014.

Our media house asked Brother Khrystus, as he prefers to be called, to share his story leading up to the 11th Anniversary of his company and he willingly did so.

Let's listen in

"Firstly, I want to give thanks to The Almighty God for bringing my business where it is today. It has been 11 AWESOME years filled with challenges and successes and I  GIVE  GOD  THE  GLORY! My company celebrates from the year we officially registered KVK ENTERPRISES as a company in The Federation of St. Kitts - Nevis. So, in all honesty, we are much older than 11 years."

"I started KVK when I was 13 years old. My mother, Mrs. Yvette Wallace, M.Ed decided to travel to The United Kingdom to pursue her Masters Degree in International Education Management and some of her parting instructions were to keep off the street, stay positively occupied, keep studying and do something to make mommy PROUD. It is quite noteworthy here that when she left, she left EVERYTHING we needed to survive during her time out along with a monthly allowance for all of us. We had no excuses not to behave. We had EVERYTHING!"

"I wanted to live up to my mom's expectations and so I decided to do something more. Start yet another business. You see, my mom entered my younger brother Lemercius Wallace and I into the business field very young. I doubt she consciously recognized that when she bought us our own rabbits, guinea pigs, sheep, pigs and dogs and we had our own backyard garden. Thinking of it now, mommy used psychology to keep us off the streets and always gainfully occupied as when we were finished doing our chores, we had our homework to do and little time for liming and friends. Therefore, we were always farmers too and loved it. I loved preparing to butcher our pigs and SHEEP at Christmas time and then seeing our pigs and sheep being butchered by the community men."

"A few days before the date to Butcher, mommy would tell us to go around to some folks in the community and tell them that we'll have PORK or MUTTON for sale on such and such a date because our fridge and deep freeze couldn't hold all the PORK or MUTTON. She ensured that we never asked anyone who gave us PIG FOOD to buy the meat, they were always to get FREE MEAT after our animals went to DEATH ROW."

"It's always fun going back down memory lane. Forgive me for my back and forth. Therefore, when mom traveled to ENGLAND, my younger brother and I cried and cried and cried and felt very lonely. I don't mind saying that we were always MOMMAS BOYS all our life. After all, she had NO  GIRLS, so she taught her four sons all of the GIRLY STUFF TOO. So, yes we can cook EVERYTHING and TURN CORN  too. Yes we can bake bread and buns and raisin rolls and ice cakes and since we were small, we had our own manual ice cream kit. There was always something to do at home, so never a need to roam the streets."

"We can do floral arrangements probably better than Gary's Fruits and Flowers. We can use our mother's Industrial Sewing Machines to make clothes and hem our own pants. SO  YES - I AM A TAILOR  TOO!. This is probably the problem with us and women. We are waaaaaaaaaaaaay too independent and do not really need a lady to complete our lives. Well, I speak for me alone. MAYBE  THAT'S  MY  PROBLEM  EN  TIT? No lady can match me and please me and ladies always wanna try to do that. JUST  LOVE  ME  FOR  WHO  I  AM - if you can't then - CHAO!!!!!!"

"So, I decided to start my second business - KVK BICHANICS when mom went away to study. It was a bicycle repair shop in my Trinity Community all for the sake of FUN. Not really for BUSINESS - but for fun. I used the family pump and I started charging $0.50 cents to air up a wheel and that became the bomb. My money jar just kept fulling up and up and up daily. With every business, there comes EXPANSION as you begin to see a NEED. Therefore, I noticed that at times some children stopped airing their bicycles and I quickly inquired as to why and found out that they had punctured wheels."

"I quickly ventured to TANGO's  WHEEL  REPAIR  SHOP in Basseterre and bought my first Wheel Patch Kit for EC$3.00. I would use my scissors and cut down the patches and charged EC$3.00 for each wheel hole that I patched. Therefore, out of TANGO's EC$3.00 Patch Kit, I would make between $21 - $36 and quickly venture back to his shop to start the whole process over again. NO  ONE  KNEW  WHAT  I WAS  DOING. LOL!!!!!!

"As my KVK BICHANICS shop became quite popular, I would have a long line of waiting children and youth customers, so one Saturday, since Mommy was in England and I didn't have to ask, I took out some hot dog relish and buns and made my own punch and started selling HOT DOGS and PUNCH. That was the BOMB. In no time, they sold off and I quickly caught a bus to RAMS to buy more and that started my KVK SNACKETTE. LOLOLOLOL"

"So, at age 13, there I was MAKING  MONEY. Not because I needed it because I came from a family that gave us EVERYTHING we needed. I was just making money for FUN. Maybe this contributed to a bit of my irresponsibility later on in life. But we live and we learn. I was never TAUGHT BUSINESS and BUSINESS MANAGEMENT until I started pursuing my Sales and Marketing Degree ONLINE, so the world should forgive me a bit. I am JUST  A  BORN  BUSINESSMAN! Business comes too easy for me. That's why I have to study MEDICINE - something that would challenge my mind as I am honestly getting VERY - VERY - BORED NOW. I've always been a little boy with a BIG MAN'S  BRAIN all my life. GOD  GAVE  IT  TO  ME!  BLAME  HIM - NOT ME!"

"Demand for my KVK BICHANICS business continued to grow and my youth clientele started asking if I don't spray paint Bicycles and everything they asked if I don't do, I always answered YES - I DO IT"

"Therefore, when my first SPRAY PAINT JOB CAME IN, I was very happy. I rushed to COURY's HARDWARE in Basseterre - St. Kitts, via bus and bought some sand paper and a spray paint and I successfully completed my first SPRAY JOB. That automatically marketed itself and every child wanted their bicycle spray painted. I have always had a heart to HELP PEOPLE, so for those children who couldn't afford it and their parents wouldn't give them money, I established a HIRE PURCHASE ACCOUNT where they could pay be $0.25 cents or more each time they had money. That is how I always had cash flow. LOLOLOLOL"

"I was never selfish, so I hired several of my community friends and would pay them $1.00 or $2.00 or $3.00 depending on how well my KVK BICHANICS business did and than caused the business to thrive MORE because they started telling their friends and my cliente grew bigger and their parents would start buying my hot dogs especially because their children were in GOOD  COMPANY - around KHRYSTUS  WALLACE. LOLOLOLOL."

"One day, I had a board meeting with all my staff and said that It was now time to expand the company. We were already charging for air, patching bicycle wheels, repairing bicycles, spray painting bicycles, selling hot dogs and punch and of course running my farm. As with nearly ALL  BUSINESS  PEOPLE, we are never really satisfied. We always want more!"

"Out of that board meeting, we decided that we would start copying CDs for EC$25.00 and that now brought in our MANY  MORE  ADULT CUSTOMERS and at age 13 I was making a killing."

"If they didn't want folks to copy CDs, they should have never invented the CDR-W - the device to do it. (My parents stopped me from doing this though. So this part of the business didn't last too long because of ETHICAL  REASONS they explained."

It was out of that meeting that I told my staff and board members that I saw a way on EBAY.COM that I can start printing people's pictures and personal sayings on T-shirts using my mother's Hand Iron and I was going to buy the kit. I was 13 and EVERYONE doubted that I would ever make that happen. They started saying that I HAD GONE  MAD now and they would believe it when they see it. If you want me to DO  SOMETHING - TELL  ME  THAT  I  CAN'T  DO  IT. (Like they told me that my Blazing Star Movement - www.theblazingstarmovement.com party wouldn't last 3 months and I can never become PRIME MINISTER - just wait and see!")

"ANYWAY!"

"I thought long and hard and found the way. Money wasn't a problem! I was making money and plus I had already won my OWN St. Kitts - Nevis Anguilla National Bank Youth Savers Club Bank Account with EC$200 for writing and winning a poem competition in Grade 6  at The Dr. William Connor Primary School, to celebrate one of the bank's anniversaries. I can remember saying the poem in the Independence Square - TITLE: National Bank - I DO MY BUSINESS THERE. (My voice wasn't so deep as yet. I had a little BABY  VOICE!)

"So, here's what I did. I boldly registered for an EBAY.COM account and just told the system I was 18 instead of 13. I was a bit scared, but hey, nothing beats a trial but a failure. I bid and won a 10 pack T-shirt Transfer Paper for US$9.99. This time, I decided to tell the truth. I communicated with the seller and told him everything. I told him that I was 13 years old and I wanted to try to start my own t-shirt printing business. I told him that I didn't have a credit card but I had the money to pay for the products. HE  WAS OVERLY  IMPRESSED  with this little boy communicating with him. So win his heart more, I told him that my mother was in England studying and he could email her and call her if he wanted. I don't know if he did, but I won his heart. He told me just want to do. He gave me his address and told me that I can buy a MONEY  ORDER at the Bank and mail it to him. WOW! That was the first time I had ever heard of MONEY ORDER From that time until I was able to get my debit CARD - I was using MONEY  ORDERS  EVERY  WEEK to buy something all over the internet, because I have always been very good at WRITNG and EXPLAINING  MYSELF."

"At age 13 or 14. I used my writing SKILLS to get my first BANK  ACCOUNT  IN  THE  UNITED STATES  OF  AMERICA. I had written to several bank managers and one contacted me and was quite impressed with my letter and helped me. So while I couldn't get a DEBIT  CARD in my own home country at age 13 or 14. A USA  BANK MANAGER - made that happen. He always told me that if I moved to the USA with my AMBITION - nothing would stop me. I just never did. But he had faith and helped me! I won't tell you which BANK that was though."

"DING DONG! I was making my way up as a businessman at age 13. The next risk was to head to Basseterre - or what we call town quickly during my lunch hour and get THIS  MONEY  ORDER, mail it and reach back to school before 1pm so I don't draw any alarms as I was always a PERFECT STUDENT - always well dressed, always early, always doing right!"

"DING DONG! I did it. I ventured to National Bank - withdrew the money from my account, bought the MONEY ORDER - mailed it off to the gentleman. I honestly didn't even know if I was being scammed or not. Two weeks after, I received the papers in the mail. WOW! This caused all the children in the community to develop A LOT  OF  RESPECT  FOR  ME  AND  PARENTS  TOO.

Here I was at age 13 DOING  BIG  MAN  THINGS  AND  MAKING  MY  OWN  MONEY. To my classmates who always wondered how I could have carried my High School Girl Friend for LUNCH NEARLY everyday or get her what ever she wanted - now you see what I was doing.

I did my first SHIRT and decided to change my business name from KVK BICHANICS to KVK ENTERPRISES because we were now offering a Variety of Services."

"From printing my first 10 t-shirts with my mother's HAND  IRON, immediately upon her return from STUDYING, she continued to say that there had to be some easier way to print t-shirts and so I went searching ONLINE. I found it and then she bought me my first Heat Press Machine for US$299 which I still have today. Amazed by my story, business continued to grow and grow and my mom was there again and helped me buy my first screen printing machine. God blessed me with A SPECIAL  MOTHER - A BACKER who has always been there for me. As a youth business owner, you can't make it very far FAST without a FINANCIAL  BACKER."

"From my start with my Bicycle Shop - KVK BICHANICS, to registering my business as KVK ENTERPRISES in 2003, to where I am now. I am humbled to say that God has grown my business into businesses and my idea in ideas galore and my firm into several companies and organizations."

"Business experts around the world have stated that most small businesses never make it past the 10 year mark. Those that do would usually end up succeeding because of their fortitude and never give up spirit."

"From  repairing bicycles and charging $0.50 for air, KVK ENTERPRISES now proudly provides T-shirt Printing in a variety of methods. Heat Transfer, Pictures on Shirts, Jersey Numbers and Lettering, Screen Printing, Embroidery. We print banners, signs, posters, business cards, invitations, calendars and provide other desktop publishing services. We provide internet ordering and shipping services out of Florida and New York. We run our own Afternoon-Evening Academy and major in Information Technology Training from ages 4 - 101."

"Over the years, we have developed our own Caribbean Auction Site that sells and markets Caribbean Products and Services to clients all around the world. 98% of registered users or people who buy from this Auction Site are non Caribbean Individuals and Cooperations. So now you see, that I just don't deal with a LOCAL  CLIENTELE. I have an international growing clientele to serve daily too."

"With time and marketing capital, we expect this Auction Site - Buy It! Sell It! Now! Now! - www.buyitsellitnownow.com To be the Ebay of the Caribbean causing many folks from around the world to look to our website for Caribbean  Produced Products and Services. We expect that this Auction Site would provide 1000s of  jobs for Caribbean Youth especially and adults. I've been selling on EBAY and making money since I was age 14. Selling Online Works. Its just that I don't put much effort into it. Ask my mom, one Christmas - I was age 14 and I made about US$12,000 in SALES on EBAY. My entire family was amazed. Trust me - YOU  CAN  DO  IT  TOO  - JUST  FOCUS!"

"KVK ENTERPRISES has trod the good roads and the rocky roads and we do not intend to give up. We believe that the race is not for the swift, but for those that are willing to endure to the end. In closing, I must say a special thanks to my business partners over the years, especially Prime Minister The Right Honourable Dr. Denzil Douglas. As a young politician, I know very well WHEN  TO  PLAY  POLITICS  AND  WHEN  TO  STOP."

"Over the past 11 years, Dr. Douglas has personally offered advice and granted certain approvals and personally ensured that KVK ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com got the help and stood out as CARIBBEAN  YOUTH  ICON  BUSINESS and has allowed me to travel the world as a Youth Business Ambassador for The Country."

"Politics is ONE  GAME!  Business is ANOTHER! To not make mention of this and what Dr. Douglas' Administration would have done for KVK ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com would be downright UNGRATEFUL and HYPOCRITICAL."

"Finally, KVK ENTERPRISES would not be where it is today if YOU - my clients from all around the world didn't patronize my business over the years."

"I fully believe in giving back and for the last 4 years, I have been running K W CONSULTING - www.kwconsultingskn.com, where I help clients, both young and old start their own businesses all around the world, create business plans and executive summaries along with marketing plans and website design. I help them with Search Engine Optimization and connect them with suppliers and vendors all at affordable rates. What is LIFE without GIVING  BACK?"

"KVK ENTERPRISES  is exploring the possibility of opening in St. Vincent & The Grenadines, Ghana, Kenya, Florida and New York very soon as we establish YOUTH PARTNERSHIPS and work on FRANCHISE contracts with our LAWYERS through a well developed BRAND. Very soon, KVK ENTERPRISES will be a household name all across the world just like KFC and McDonalds and Red Lobster."

"Over the years, I've used several keys for success. 1. Make GOD priority in your life and keep the faith.  2. Keep on praying and trusting and never give up. 3. Always THINK  OUTSIDE the box - Dare 2 Be Different!"

We wish KVK ENTERPRISES owned and founded by 28 year old Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace and his team all the very best as they celebrate their 11 year mile stone and continue to make plans to EXPAND. CHEERS!







No comments:

Post a Comment