Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day - DADDY (Mr. Jefferson J.E.Wallace)



15th June, 2014

Mr. Jefferson J.E.Wallace
My Father,
Boyds Housing Development
Trinity Parish,
St. Kitts

RE:  HAPPY  FATHER’S  DAY!
Dear Daddy,

I think it is imperative that I do something this Father’s Day – something DIFFERENT. I have decided to put PEN TO PAPER and tell you that I  LOVE  YOU  A  LOT  STILL  and thanks for being my father!
Let bygones be bygones. I love you. I forgive you. I appreciate you!

As a child, growing up, you have always been my hero and my role model. I keenly followed everything that you did and so wanted to always be like you. I admired your energy and your ability to always get things done. I looked forward to helping you fold those little ribbons for the AIDS MARCHES and even attending symposiums and workshops around St. Kitts with you. I particularly liked the attending the symposium for the blind and hearing their stories way down the street in Fortlands. Do you remember?

I liked to hear you on radio and see you on television and one day vowed that I’ll do that too. I loved to hear you preach. To me, then and still now, you are the BEST  PREACHER  IN  ST. KITTS. You didn’t just talk and talk and talk. At the beginning of your sermons, you did what great speakers do, share a story or some current news on world affairs and tied it in perfectly to the sermon and to individuals lives. Trust me! I always listened and dreamed one day of doing just like you.

I always preferred how you dealt with issues at school. You were FEARLESS. You would write a STRONG  LETTER and all teachers would just leave me alone after that while mommy may call of say the LORD will deal with that. I didn’t like her approach most times. I  LOVED  YOURS!
I also loved typing your letters and speeches and books. I admired your writing ability and I do believe that most of my ability has come from YOUR  GENES – THANK  YOU!

Children watch on a great deal! Notice that I wanted to do everything that you were doing. I am into politics because you were into politics. I have just gone a step further and will be PRIME  MINISTER OF ST.  KITTS  AND  NEVIS  IN  THE FUTURE as I DO  NOT  GIVE  UP!

I just decided to put pen to paper and let you know just how I feel and let you know that you still mean the world to me and I appreciate all the help that you’ve given to me over all my life and the POSITIVE  IMPACT  AND  INFLUENCE  YOU’VE  BEEN  TO  ME.

Society – all of us have a bad tendency of highlighting the miniscule of bad – or wrong in people’s lives and failing to recognize and give credit to the MUCH  GOOD  THEY  HAVE  DONE  AND  CONTINUE  TO  DO. I choose to be different today and hand you your flowers while you are alive and you can receive them and tell you that I  LOVE  YOU – YOU  MEAN  THE  WORLD  TO  ME.

Thank you for being my father!

Khrystus V. K. Wallace
The Next Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis

No comments:

Post a Comment