Monday, May 19, 2014

1st Ever St. Kitts - Nevis Nurses Pageant - A Resounding Success

Monday, 19th May, 2014

By: Dare 2 Be Different International Media Department 

Report by: Brother Khrystus Wallace, The Next Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis




My mind's made up! I am going to marry a NURSE! I'm officially on the LOOKOUT from TODAY! (lol)

Six super gorgeous nurses dedicated several weeks of their time to boldly present to the St. Kitts - Nevis community a clearer picture of how much impact they make in the different areas in which they serve.

On Saturday, 17th May, 2014 at little after 8 pm, Carnival Village came alive with talent when these six elegant beauties burst the stage during the fan fare, so the crowd could have a first peak and get a feel as to what was to come through out the night.

As they confidently danced and showcased themselves to the energized crowd during the fanfare, I am almost certain that the screams that resurrected in the air, left some people voiceless when the night came to an end.

Well, during the fanfare, my male instincts kicked in and my eyes opened wider. No more on that!

Several of my nurse friends had been bugging me to come and I didn't commit. Then, mid-Saturday morning, two senior nurses stepped in to my KVK ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com business place to get the sashes for the event printed and beckoned me to come in the night. I would have felt guilty if I didn't attend, especially because they were by me earlier in the month to print the promotional Pageant Shirts too.

I'm happy I went, not just to please them, but to get a better and more holistic picture of what nursing is all about and who I have to work with in the future, as I still plan to possibly study Emergency Medicine and major in Orthopedic Surgery. Remember I'm only 27 - I have a lot of years in front of me to be anything and everything I want to be in life - including The Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis as long as God tarries and I survive.

Beverlyn Prentice, Danesha Grant, Jamella Francis, Jessica Clavier, Shonel Christian and Kenya Nisbett were the Beauty nurses on show that night. It was talent at its best and no area was under represented. Whether it was Ambulatory Services or Community Services or Medical or Surgical Wards, they all were AWESOME -  THEY  ALL  WERE  WINNERS!

I always like to be apart of organizations that challenge my mind or events that allow me to stay learning. The well planned 1st Ever Nurses Pageant did just that! The Pageant participants shared bowls of knowledge as they spoke eloquently and certainly gave the judges a task. No attendee could have paid EC$30 to a university to learn all that we learned on Saturday night last.

Every competition does have to have a winner though. Therefore, congratulations are in order for WINNER of the 1st Ever Nurses Pageant Ms. Jessica Clavier.

The hospital is ably headed by Matron Sonia Daley.

PS: Remember the First Lady of St. Kitts and Nevis under a Blazing Star Movement, will possibly be a Nurse from the Federation. Lord. . . . Send her in quickly please. My biological clock is ticking away and I am ready to surprise the world with a NEVER  BEFORE  SEEN  WEDDING  IN  THE  CARIBBEAN. (sweet eye)




























No comments:

Post a Comment