Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Social Worker Troy Watson Turned Trinity Community Upside Down With Workshop

2:30 am

Wednesday, 21st May, 2014

By: Dare 2 Be Different International Media Department

Report By: Brother Khrystus Wallace, The Next Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis



Troy Watson Turned Trinity Community Upside Down With Workshop!

Members of The Trinity Community are currently participating in a Basic Needs Trust Fund (BNTF) Capacity Strengthening Training Project coordinated by the Ministry of Social and Community Development.

From 6:30 pm to a little after 8:00 pm last night, Tuesday, 20th May, 2014, Rev. Troy Watson a pastor for over 20 years and a current social worker was down to earth, plain and frank as he more that ably presented on his topic - Overview of Gender and as a Construct.

Reverend Watson not only enlightened his audience with a wealth of information, he creatively and excitingly kept attendees well engaged, something that many presenters fail to do many times. Certainly, who ever is coming after him has some very big shoes to fill.

He opened his presentation with some thought provoking statements and questions.

"Do you know yourself?" he asked

Then, he made this statement. "A man and a woman were seeing each other or dating or going out, what ever you call it for NINE (9) months. After 9 months, SHE offers herself to the man - SHE offers him SOMETHING - SOME  SEX. Would you take it or leave it?"

I sat quietly and commended him. The greatest speakers in life always know how to move a crowd. Get thing thinking. Get them angry. Get them quiet. He did just that.

I listened quite attentively to the the loud and quiet responses around the room from the mature adults. Well, only three men were there anyway. I still can't understand why community men shy away from such worthwhile programs.

I continued to sit quietly, shyly and listen, planning to let him pass me by. The Reverend only wanted a YES or NO. Then he pointed on ME - "BISHOP!" he said.

In the back of my head, I was like gosh man, everybody knows me as a preacher. Where do I remember him from and I do remember he had invited me to preach somewhere - at some event or service. I also asked myself, why did he have to single me out like BISHOP - like some BIG SHOT - grhhhhhh - all eyes on me - ESPECIALLY  ALL  THE  LADIES  EYES -  YOUNG  AND  OLD. SOME  I  KNEW  AND  SOME  I  DIDN'T. They wanted to see what the PREACHER  WAS  GOING  TO  SAY  TO  THAT. LOLOLOLOL.

I was pleasant and responded, "I can't give a YES or a NO - I have to explain."

He said, "NO  EXPLAINING! That is for after!"

The crowd got WILD and started pressuring me and shouting. "DON'T  ANSWER  AS  NO  PREACHER!  ANSWER  AS  A  REAL  PERSON.  WOULD  YOU  TEK  IT  IF  SHE  OFFERED  YOU  SOMETHING  AFTER  GOING  OUT  FOR  9  MONTHS?"

"Just say if you would tek the sex! Talk up!" another said. The pressure was on and The Reverend was looking at me - he really put me on the spot. He said, "I really can't understand why Caribbean people afraid to talk about SEX in public and even in the churches."

I wasn't afraid. Honestly. It was just a very ticklish question indeed and it caught me on the spot. The pressure CONTINUED. . . . I have honestly never been in such a VICIOUS  CROWD  ALL  MY  LIFE - well we all know LADIES can be very VICIOUS.

To make matters worse, Reverend Watson said, "In every species on earth, women are more AGGRESSIVE when it comes to SEX. A woman is DANGEROUS when she wants SEX."

The pressure continued for me to answer.

I had no choice but to answer. It was only three men in the room filled with VICIOUS  SHOUTING  LADIES  YOUNG  AND  OLD  PRESSURING  ME  TO  ANSWER. It was like they would kill me if I didn't and I know I couldn't outrun them.

I did answer, but I'm not going to tell you what my answer was. (sorry for keeping you under suspense)

Community Training Workshops are very interesting and gives you a chance to relax your mind, socialize and interact with your community folks. I won't tell you everything that went on, I have several articles to write in the future from Reverend Watson's presentation, so do look out for them. A special thanks to The Basic Needs Trust Fund for organized and funding the SNACKS and all the events. Our Trinity Community in St. Kitts  is MORE  THAN  GRATEFUL!

Let me close with the same question that he opened with.

"Do you know yourself?"

"A man and a woman were seeing each other or dating or going out, what ever you call it for NINE (9) months. After 9 months, SHE offers herself to the man - SHE offers him SOMETHING - SOME  SEX. Would you take it or leave it?"


No comments:

Post a Comment