Thursday, May 29, 2014

Kudos to Mr. Randolph Edmeade - He MUST be LAUDED!

29th May, 2014

By: Dare 2 Be Different International Media Department

Report By: Brother Khrystus V. K. Wallace, The Next Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis


Mr. Randolph Edmeade - Director of Planning  - Government of St. Kitts


Mr. Randolph Edmeade, Director of Planning is doing a GOOD  JOB!

We need to end the mentality of just pulling down people and finding faults all the time. We need to tell people when they are doing a GOOD  JOB  PUBLICLY. This helps to boost morale and self esteem and actually helps to increase productivity as folks are more encouraged. By now you gather, this would be something that The Blazing Star Movement would be continually doing. When people do bad, they'll face the consequences for sure! When they do good, they will be LAUDED!

Mr. Randolph Edmeade, Director of Planning is doing a GOOD  JOB in the Ministry of Planning!

I first came to know Mr. Edmeade when my mother, Mrs. Yvette Wallace, M.Ed enrolled me at The Verchilds High School in St. Kitts. He was deputy head teacher there, but my close and psychological connection came because he was my 1st Form Geography teacher.

As adults, we must be reminded that our life decisions and attitude to what we are most interested in, tend to influence those looking at us and those around us. Mr. Edmeade is the main reason why I ensured that I wrote GEOGRAPHY at CXC  LEVEL and not Social Studies. As he introduced the subject at our first Geography class in 1st form, his thorough explanation left an indelible mark on my heart that this was a subject that I should stick with.

Teacher Edmeade wasn't a "BROGODOO" like many teachers were or even are today. (Don't worry - I won't tell you publicly who the BROGODOOS were - you can ask me privately and I'll probably tell you.)

Mr. Edmeade was always down to earth, caring and professional. To me, he seemed like a father figure. He seemed like he was using some sought of psychology to get students to make Geography their focus point and future career. He was just good!

Don't trust me! I'm extra meticulous when it comes to learning and developing my own life's strategies to succeed and to survive. From each form in high school, I had a list in my bedroom where I rated all teachers A or B or C depending on how well or how poorly they taught and their tolerance level for students.

Mr. Edmeade was in the A section on my 1st Form list. Teachers in my A section taught well enough so I didn't have to do any studying at all for their subjects. Teachers in the B section, I had to do a bit of studying to commit what they taught me to memory and teachers in the C section just plain out couldn't teach and so I used my text books and taught myself and just made them feel they were doing a spectacular job still - but actually THEY  WEREN'T!

Mr. Edmeade was just good! Very Good! If he had taught me all subjects throughout my high school career, I would have been even more intelligent than I am today.

When this fine gentleman was transferred from The Verchilds High School - I missed him. He just seemed to bring the balance as Deputy Principal when Mrs. Marilyn Rogers was Principal. Mrs. Marilyn Rogers was always talking and talking and talking. Mr. Edmeade didn't do much talking - he just acted and students got the message.

Well you know there's a DISTINCT difference between MEN  and  WOMEN in leadership. Let's not get into that debate. No pun intended though. Both Mrs. Rogers and Mr. Edmeade were great leaders. They just lead differently. (TEACHERS - now you see that students LOOK  AT  EVERYTHING! Don't take them for GRANTED)

I must note here that Mr. Edmeade remembered to call me to do some T-shirt Printing and Brochures at my business - KVK  ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com. I was just starting out my business and I can remember him handing me a CHECK - over a $1000. WoW!

Back then that felt like 1 MILLION dollars. Not now though - that's NUTS  CHANGE when business is booming.

The point is - HE  REMEMBERED  ME - HE  LOOKED  OUT  FOR  ME - HE  IS ONE  OF  THE REASONS  I  AM  WHERE  I  AM  TODAY  BECAUSE  HE  TAUGHT  ME  AND  MY  BUSINESS  IS  WHERE  IT  IS - Because Mr. Edmeade patronized.

Here again, I must publicly hand Mr. Edmeade his flowers while he is ALIVE and commend him for being yet another OUTSTANDING  CIVIL  SERVANT. May God richly bless you and yours as you continue to do a superb job heading the Ministry of Planning.

Cheers Sir - From KVK  ENTERPRISES - www.kvklives.com, Dare 2 Be Different International - www.daretobedifferentskn.com and The Blazing Star Movement.







No comments:

Post a Comment