Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Inspector Carl Caines Handed Me My Manual Drivers License on my 18th Birthday

27th May, 2014



My best, best and closest friends have always been in the Royal St. Christopher Police Force and Army.

I am a little too advanced for my age. Don't tell me - I  KNOW  THAT. One reason for that is simply because as a little boy growing up and still today, I always liked to have older people as friends and acquaintances. More so, I always have remained around disciplinarians that trained me, helped me and advised me all my life.

Actually, the LATE  JOSEPH  PEMBERTON, Inspector of Traffic was my second father. Coming from a disciplinary institution, he did all he could to keep the children around him well disciplined. Inspector Pember knew how to keep us off the streets and properly occupied. He also did buy us ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we wanted too and most importantly he taught us to SHARE.(I guess we grew up as really spoiled children.)

I remember seeing him practicing that. He would call my mother and she would send us up with a POT and  we would get it filled with all sorts of things to eat. My family and his were always sharing. Every now again, my mom would send us up with an ironing board cover or curtains that she made or something else.

Do we see this type of inter-family love and community spirit around today? There seems to be too much HATRED and ANIMOSITY and not enough LOVE. Let's try to bring back those days and change the nation for the better.

It was because of Mr. Pemberton, my younger brother and I started raising pigs. sheep, rabbits, guinea pigs and dogs. He taught us how to care for them and even how to KILL  THEM or should I say BUTCHER.

When ever we were going to slaughter one of my pigs for Christmas that I had spend so much time caring for, I would cry. Then so would my mother and younger brother. I had a psychological attachment to the animals that I raised and always thought that butchering them was CRUELTY  TO  ANIMALS. I'm not going to tell you if I ate any of the meat though. That's between me and GOD.

Since Inspector Pemberton lived just up the road from me, I would willfully, get ready extra early just so he could take me to school with his son, as we attended the BEST  PRIMARY  SCHOOL  IN  THE WORLD  together - The Dr. William Connor Primary School.

I always liked to see Inspector Pemberton in his brown uniform, especially with us in the car, pull over a bus driver or someone else and WARN  THEM  about their driving or just give them a TICKET  HIMSELF. He did so without fear or favour. He did his job well. That use to be fun as we looked on from his car. We always wished he could do that every time we were with him. It showed his POWER. He was a strict disciplinarian, yet he was so much fun. I never had to ask to go to the pots of food on his stove or refrigerator, I was always well behaved and he let me have my way in his house. Probably he's one of the reasons why I still like to eat so much. If ever I asked, he'd say, Boy just don't disturb me, the kitchen is there - take what you want.

Enough of the late Joseph Pemberton, may his soul rest in eternal peace.

I started learning to drive a few months before my 18th birthday. Mr. Elvis Richardson, my former principal at THE  BEST  HIGH  SCHOOL  IN  THE  CARIBBEAN - The Verchilds High School taught me to drive. He said something CRAZY to me sometime during our classes. He said,  "you're going for your license on your 18th Birthday and do not call me back to tell me that you didn't pass Khrystus." Was he God to make such a bold statement I wondered.

I wasn't as bold then as I am now, so I felt like the diarrhoea was coming on after those words. I drove quite well but always had trouble balancing the clutch and the accelerator. I remember telling him that I wanted to change to AUTOMATIC because he also taught automatic and he said that I CANNOT change!

How did he mean I cannot change? He had an automatic car and I saw other fellows learning automatic. I was paying my money, but I didn't question him.  I could have got my mom involved, but I left it. I believe he knew that I could do it and so I just went along with him and he didn't stop until I got it in perfectly. He drilled me with those small streets in Newtown - I hated that place and vowed I'd never drive those streets when I get my licence. I'll park on Cayon Street and Walk.

Mr. Richardson boldly said that he only producers DRIVERS and that was true. I  AM  A  DRIVER!

On my 18th Birthday, Mr. Richardson parked his car at the St. Johnston Police Station and went back to work at the Verchilds High School. He didn't say anything to me, except that Driving Teacher ALPHA would accompany me with the police.

Inspector Carl Caines was the officer that day. I followed his instructions perfectly and brought him back to the Police Station - ALL  IN  ONE  PIECE. (LOL). I can remember his statement well as I have a very keen memory. He said, "Young man, you drove very, very, well for a first try BUT. . ."

As soon as he said BUT, my heart felt SICK, BUT Alpha jumped in and said, you CANNOT fail the man for that. He was perfect! His perfect driving surpasses his little, little error. I was shocked! ALPHA wasn't my driving teacher, I hadn't even known him. But he had backed up for me. I'm not going to tell you my slight, slight, slight mistake, but Inspector Carl Caines gave me a lecture about driving, then went inside and gave me the piece of APPROVAL  PAPER  TO  DRIVE  THE  STREETS  OF  THE  WORLD  from 4th JULY, 2004.

What an 18th Birthday Gift! To God Be The Glory! I certainly wasn't afraid to call Mr. Elvis Richardson and give him the GOOD  NEWS that I had passed and BOY  WAS  HE  SOOOOO HAPPY!

Inspector Carl Caines continues to do an outstanding job with The Traffic Department in St. Kitts. May God Continue to bless him as he SHINES and may his family fall into the pool of blessings that God has for all those that stay faithful, stay true and BELIEVE on Jesus Christ!


Brother Khrystus Wallace,
The Next Prime Minister of St. Kitts and Nevis
under a BLAZING  STAR  MOVEMENT  Administration - SHORTLY

Email: drkhrystus@kvklives.com

Tel & Whatsapp: 1-869-661-0118 or 1-869-765-7270
SKYPE: kvkent




No comments:

Post a Comment